Are you a self-starting, micro-management hating graphic designer looking for an opportunity to work for an entrepreneurial marketing agency?
At TealHaus Strategies, we all put in our time where we felt undervalued, overworked, and unnecessarily scheduled. That’s why we started this company. We believe in the freedom and flexibility of a job that includes your personal life–not making you choose between your role at home and work. We strive to be an inclusive workplace, valuing each of our team members for the work they bring and the lens through which they see the world.
Our main ask? You get the job done, do it consistently well, and communicate with the team and our clients so there is never any question regarding where a task stands.
Our formula is working because we are in search of a graphic designer to join our growing team. Responsibilities include client branding, creating designs/templates according to specifications provided by the client or creative director and improving efficiencies of overall design tasks. Reporting directly to the creative director, the designer should have the ability to see a design from concept to final files, producing high-quality work while adhering to budget and deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating thoughtful, eye-catching designs for print, digital, and experiential use
- Developing logos, typography, templates, and other branding collateral
- Pitching creative work to clients
- Collaborating with the greater team to create a cohesive marketing strategy
- Adhering to project deadlines
While entry is open to non-graduates, preference will be given to those with relevant degrees and experience. A degree in graphic design is preferred, although other art and design backgrounds are welcomed. Qualifications include:
- Up to three years of graphic design experience
- Experience with design software and graphics editing software such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a team, but work independently to get the work done
- Time management skills
- A talent for creativity and problem solving
This position is a contractor role, with a goal of 20-30 hours of work guaranteed each week. The compensation range is $30-50 per hour, paid every two weeks according to the agreed upon retainer. A flexible schedule is one of the key advantages to this position, although it is helpful to have some dedicated work day hours for collaborative internal and client meetings, as needed.
To apply, send your portfolio and resume to [email protected].